Home abs workouts are getting more and more popular.
Many Americans struggle with weight gain(well, not only Americans), so companies market all kinds of gadgets they say are targeted to tone tummies.
However, the reality is that getting six-pack abs takes time, dedication, and the right diet and exercise. Here are some tips to guide you.
Start Simply. One of the easiest ways to look slimmer is to improve your posture. When you stand up straight with your shoulders back and chest up, the abdominal muscles pull themselves in.
Establish good posture daily by keeping your ears over your shoulders, shoulders over hips, hips over knees, and knees over ankles. As you stand and walk, keep your weight even on the balls and heels of your feet.
You can also do simple abdominal strengthening exercises when you are at work, doing chores, or participating in other everyday activities.
Just stand up straight and inhale to draw the navel to the spine. Hold it for a few seconds, exhale and repeat.
Simple Ab Workout For Women With No Equipment. Core Exercises.
So Ladies, if you slept like a bear in hibernation all winter, moved lazily, and forgot where the gym was? First of all – calm down. One kilogram left after the winter holidays will definitely be able to “melt” if you start doing simple exercises for the abdomen every day.
8 Ab Exercises For Women With No Equipment: (For beginners)
3. Russian twist
4. Windshield wipers
5. Single-Leg Jackknife
7. Flutter kicks
8. bicycle crunch
As with other fitness routines, realize there are no fast fixes for sculpting abdominal muscles.
Set reasonable goals for yourself and plan on slow and steady progression.
While it is not necessary to buy fancy equipment or hire a trainer if you find that exercising on a fitness ball works better for you, use it.
If you think you need the motivation or expertise of a trainer, hire one to help you reach your goals.
10 minutes only! Beginner abs workout for women. Poster:
→ Download printable click here ←
You might like Discover Magic. How to Do Kegel Exercises for Women. [Infographics]
Getting into a committed exercise routine-Yeah, I know that is easier said than done. Sure, for a lot of people exercising comes as naturally as breathing.
Easy to Follow Workout Plan For Women
Easy and fast gym workout program for women:
You might like this article: The Moment I Began To Sculpt My Body. Motivational Fitness Quotes.
But there are those of us who have a more challenging time committing to the habit of exercise.
The first thing we need to do is stop the negativity. Think positive and repeat these inspirational affirmations:
Start a healthy lifestyle journal and record your progress and your missteps. Track your food, track what exercise you did and how long you did it. Looking back will give you an idea of how far you have come and show where you need to improve.
Be sure to include both cardio and strength training in your exercise routine. Vary your activities, so boredom doesn’t find its way into your routine. Change things up regularly. Try some Yoga, a new exercise video, or maybe get a workout buddy.
And remember, you don’t have to do it all once. Gradually ease into a routine that will work for you. Print out your goals and workout schedule and place it somewhere where you will be sure to see them.
Related: A Perfect Six-pack. Ab Exercises With No Equipment for Women. Posters.
Inspiration To Become A Stronger Woman
Becoming stronger-Seriously, is there anyone who doesn’t want to be stronger and more toned? I know I would sure like to be. So, I will dust off the weights and see if I can put them to good use.
The benefits of strength training will help you immensely as you age. Remember, old age is not for sissies. No matter your age, you should do some strength training. It’s never too late to start.
As you build muscle, you will be burning a few extra calories. Not to mention strengthening your bones lower lowers the risk of a fracture. And let’s not forget the toned body.
Boost your energy-That committed exercise routine will have you feeling more energized. But it wouldn’t also hurt to start chugging the water down. If your body fluid level gets low, you are going to feel fatigued.
Nutrition -Oh, yes, food. There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. But seriously, a diet filled with healthy foods, including protein and whole grains will get you started in the right direction. And get rid of the sugar. Okay, at least cut way down on the sugar. It is a hard habit to break. But your body will undoubtedly appreciate your efforts.
Foods to include in your healthy diet-poultry, lean meats, fish, whole grains, high fiber cereals, yogurt, cheese, eggs, and of course fruits and vegetables.
Foods to avoid or at least limit your healthy diet-French fries, potato chips, sugar-loaded beverages, and all those sugar-loaded pastries, cookies, candy, etc. We all know the drill when it comes to those things. At the very least, try to cut way down on these items.
If you start working on these four fitness goals, you will see some results. You will be less hungry; your sleep will improve, your mood will improve, and you will find yourself with more energy.
Yeah, I know it sounds like a lot of work. But think about how good you will feel and look. Don’t you think that will be worth the effort? Remember you only get one body!
Ab Exercises Alone Will Not Reduce Belly Fat
Before being able to sculpt your abdominal muscles, you have to be able to see them. Eating a healthy diet and exercising more will help reduce your body fat. Keep your diet lean and stay away from overly processed foods. Talk with your doctor or medical care provider, and then start and adhere to an exercise routine.
Flat Tummy Tips For Women. Poster.
- Add cardio
- Eat more fiber
- Limit refined carbs
- Increase protein intake
- Do exercises while standing, not sitting
- Add resistance training
- Eat more monounsaturated fatty acids
- Move more
- Swap out high-calorie drinks
- Drink enough water
- Work the core
- Get enough sleep
- Reduce stress
- Walk for 30 minutes a day
- Track food intake
- Eat more slowly
- Try high-intensity interval training
- Identify food sensitivities
Beginner Workout Plan For Women
Related: Claim Your Rights for a Perfect Booty!!! Butt Exercises for Women. [Guide]
Do Not Overdo Specific Exercises
Doing a thousand stomach crunches will not necessarily give you the six-pack look you are seeking. Experts recommend not training areas of the body in isolation. People should view the abs as part of their “core,” which includes the pelvis, lower back, and hips.
Experts recommend exercises that address all aspects of their core, not just the abs. Pilates is often recommended because all the abdominal muscles are worked (top, side, and deep muscles) as well as the arms, legs, back muscles, and glutes.
Experts suggest slow, repetitive activities, and that people concentrate on working targeted muscle groups. Additionally, have variety in your workout, so you do not become bored with your routine and stop exercising.
Many exercises target the abdominal muscles:
- Sit-ups: Lie on your back with your hands crossed at the chest. Lift your upper body off the floor, keeping your chin up. Never jerk your body upwards as you lift yourself off the floor. As you begin to lie back, concentrate on your breathing, and target your stomach muscles.
- Basic crunch: Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your knees bent and hands behind your head. Do not let your chin and chest touch as you lift your upper body off the floor using your upper back and shoulder blades.
- Leg lift: Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your hands flat to the floor, below your lower back. Keep your legs up straight, so they are perpendicular to your upper body. Move them up and down, but not beyond a 45-degree angle. Do not lift your lower back off the floor or let your legs go all the way down to the floor.
- Bicycle pump: Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your hands under your head. Lift your upper body while twisting it towards the left and bring your right knee in. Then lift your upper body while bending it toward the right and bring your left knee in. Remember to keep your lower back flat on the floor and the upper back curved in a C-shape.
- Rowing: Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your hands under your lower back. Bend your knees and bring them as close to your chest as possible. Lift your buttocks inward while keeping your back on the floor. Your hips should only reach a couple of inches off the ground. Lower your hips until the top of your buttocks touches the floor.
- Canoe twist: Stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart. Interlace your fingers to create a solid grip. Exhale and sweep your interlocked hands, arms, shoulders, and chest to the left, as if you are rowing a canoe. Simultaneously lift your left knee up and to the right. Inhale and return to the starting position. Exhale and perform the movement to the right.
- Front plank: Start by lying face down. Place your elbows and forearms under your chest. Using your toes and forearms, prop yourself up to form a bridge. Maintain a flat back, and do not allow your bottom to stick up into the air or your back to sag. Hold this position for 10 seconds to start and gradually increase the length of the hold.
What are the benefits of exercises for the abdominal press?
Exercises for the abdominal press improve intestinal peristalsis, reduce the risk of constipation, improve lymph flow. Besides, exercise uses energy (calories).
The abdominal press forms a muscle corset that prevents the stomach from stretching too much, resulting in a faster feeling of satiety and a reduced risk of overeating.
The abdominal press forms and helps maintain the correct posture, which is important for daily work and sports.
A flat tummy is not only a beautiful aesthetic image that gives more self-confidence but also an indicator of good health.
Myth: Exercises for the abdominal press burn fat in the abdominal area. The answer is to burn off the whole body evenly because it is impossible to burn fat in one part of the body.
How to organize abdominal press workouts according to a woman’s cycle:
From the end of menstruation to ovulation – the period of maximum physical capacity. Suitable for exercises for the abdominal press with weight.
2-3 days before ovulation – physical capacity is the lowest, so exercises for the abdominal press should be performed at the lowest intensity and without weights.
After ovulation until the beginning of menstruation – physical capacity is average, so it is suitable for intense abdominal press training.
The menstrual period is the most inappropriate time for abdominal press training. If you experience pain or another discomfort in the abdominal area, do not do exercises for the abdominal press. In addition, you should not do exercises for the lower abdomen: do not raise the buttocks and legs above the torso.
How to train your abdominal press at home
There are women who do not go to the gym for a variety of reasons, such as lack of time, expensive, no place for children to leave, and so on. However, everyone can find the time and perform some exercises for the abdominal press at home.
If you’re a newbie, don’t choose a lot of complicated and difficult exercises!
The efficiency of the abdominal press training is higher when it is performed on an empty stomach, so the exercises for the abdominal press were performed in the morning before fasting and in the evening, two hours after dinner. The workout at home should last no more than 10 minutes, but it should be done twice a day: morning and evening.
Exercises for the abdominal press, performed in the evening, control appetite, reduce the feeling of hunger and the risk of overeating. They are salvation for emotional eaters.
And let’s finish with the inspirational quote:
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in. Jim Rohn.