Let’s start with the inspirational quote:
Everything has beauty, but not everybody sees is
We’ve all heard the saying “age is but a number” yet as soon as most people hit 60, they start to feel insecure.
We believe this is the result of extremely ridiculous advertisements for anti-aging creams and pills.
They keep on reminding you that you need their products to “restore” your beauty as you grow old.
Well, we are here to tell you that all of this is extremely stupid and you need to stop paying mind to them.
You should know that you can still do everything that younger people do to look and feel beautiful.
Sure, being old means you will notice some changes occurring in your body but that does not, in any case, mean that you change absolutely everything about yourself.
You need to learn to feel beautiful in your skin, even if it is aging.
We will give you suggestions as to what works best when you hit a certain age and we are sure that you can look extremely beautiful, no matter what age you are.
15 Things You Can Do To Maintain Your Beauty At 60+
We are very much aware that there are physical changes in your body when you turn 60 or older.
But we also know that being old does not define how beautiful you are.
Your beauty is defined by how much you take care of yourself, your hygiene and your health.
Remaining healthy will definitely add the beautiful glow that no pills or anti-aging products can do.
Age is a reflection of the experiences you’ve had and the wisdom you’ve gained. Embracing your natural beauty and radiance is key at any age, including 60. Here are some tips to help you feel and look your best:
- Skincare Routine: Invest in a skincare routine that suits your skin’s needs. Cleansing, moisturizing, and using sunscreen are essential. Look for products that promote hydration and target specific concerns like fine lines and age spots.
- Healthy Diet: Focus on a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Foods high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals can help promote skin health and overall vitality.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and maintain a healthy glow. Hydration is essential for skin elasticity and reducing the appearance of fine lines.
- Regular Exercise: Engage in regular physical activity to improve circulation, maintain muscle tone, and boost your overall energy levels. Activities like walking, yoga, swimming, and strength training can be beneficial.
- Good Posture: Stand and sit with good posture. It not only makes you look taller and more confident but also helps maintain a youthful appearance.
- Fashion Choices: Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident. Choose styles and colors that suit your personality and body type.
- Hair Care: Experiment with hairstyles that suit your face shape and lifestyle. Consider haircuts, colors, and styles that enhance your features and express your personality.
- Minimal Makeup: Embrace a natural makeup look that enhances your features without heavy layers. Focus on enhancing your eyes, eyebrows, and lips, and use makeup to accentuate your strengths.
- Sun Protection: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays by using sunscreen with a high SPF. Sun protection helps prevent premature aging and reduces the risk of skin cancer.
- Regular Health Checkups: Regular visits to healthcare professionals can help you manage any health concerns and ensure you’re receiving appropriate care for your age.
- Positive Mindset: Cultivate a positive mindset and practice self-love. Confidence and a joyful outlook can have a significant impact on how you perceive your own beauty.
- Stay Active Socially: Engage in social activities that bring you joy and connection. Being surrounded by loved ones and participating in hobbies can contribute to your overall well-being.
- Maintain Mental Agility: Keep your mind sharp by engaging in mental exercises, reading, puzzles, or learning new skills. Mental agility contributes to your overall vibrancy.
- Quality Sleep: Prioritize getting enough restful sleep. A good night’s sleep helps your body regenerate, which is essential for maintaining healthy skin and overall wellness.
- Gratitude and Happiness: Focus on the positives in your life and practice gratitude. Happiness and contentment radiate from within and contribute to a beautiful aura.
Remember, beauty is subjective and evolves with age. Embrace your individuality and the journey you’ve undertaken. By taking care of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being, you can continue to radiate beauty at 60 and beyond.
You might like: Nordic Walking ABC. Super Healthy Fitness Trend From Scandinavia
We understand that most people tend to lose stamina as they grow older, but one should definitely not take that as an incentive to give up.
You can replace your rigorous workouts with relaxing and simple ones.
For example, yoga is extremely effective along with meditation or a simple 10-minute walk.
Take out time for yourself every day and increase the minutes on your walk slowly and gradually.
This kind of exercise allows you to get closer to nature and keeps you calm and relaxed.
Your skin gets a healthy glow which adds to your beauty.
This is very important if you want to feel beautiful and healthy.
We cannot stress enough on how important it is to stay hydrated.
Water is amazing for beautifying your skin, it is the best thing you can do to stop your skin from being dry and wrinkly.
And when you are old, it is best to drink more water when you exercise.
Take Care Of Your Nails
Nails can see changes as you age and that is okay, there is absolutely nothing to be worried about.
You can easily maintain them by taking care of them.
This just means that we eat protein-rich foods that promote hair and nail growth.
Along with this, don’t forget to moisturize your hands along with your nails and trim them every now and then appropriately.
Maintain Your Hair
As you grow old, your hair sees change.
This change is to be embraced with open arms.
We want you to know that you should not in any way feel bad about the changes you see because they are a part of life.
You can still have beautiful hair. You can dye them if you don’t like the grey.
They tend to fall very quickly as well but you can also take care of that by being gentle with them.
Make sure that you don’t brush them unnecessarily and roughly, that you use a soft cloth to dry them and get trims every couple of months.
Your hair can still be beautiful, you just have to not give up on taking care of them and of course, do not get discouraged by the changes.
Moisturizing is very important to keep your skin soft, healthy and beautiful.
It erases away dryness and adds beauty and radiance to your entire body.
In addition to this, you should also be careful about what shampoo and overall products you use.
It is best to have ones with natural ingredients that don’t irritate your skin.
What Makeup Can I Use At 60?
Many people are fond of makeup and count on it to make them feel good and beautiful.
We want to tell you that you can still use makeup for that purpose when you turn old.
Although, there are some things that work better than others when you reach a certain age.
You might like: How To Pick The Right Perfume For Any Event?
But you should never let your age stop you from doing something that makes you feel happy, good and beautiful.
Here are some tips we would like to share with you regarding makeup:
- When it comes to covering up blemishes, we will advise that you use a stick foundation instead of powder. Powder only tends to highlight them instead of covering them up. Moisturize appropriately and then use your foundation lightly.
- Eyeliner is essential for most people. But as you grow old, your skin grows sensitive towards harsh chemicals. We would suggest that you do not use black eyeliners but soft colors such as browns and ambers work best.
- Lipsticks are great, whatever color that makes you feel good, go for it. Rock that bright red, slay that dark purple, and wear that soft pink. Do whatever you like and don’t listen to anyone who comments negatively. But we will say this, it is best to go for moisturizing products. The lipsticks should not make your lips drier.
You might like this article: Save Your Skin From this Dangerous Disease. How to Detect Skin Cancer
Things tend to change a lot as you grow old physically.
But you do not need to worry because, with a little care, you will feel beautiful in no time.
You can maintain the beauty of your skin, hair, and nails by simply increasing proteins and nutritious food in your diet, doing light exercise and taking proper care of your nails and hair.
If you like makeup, you can definitely still use it as you like to beautify yourself as you did before.
Do not let go of your favorite things that make you feel beautiful.
That is our ultimate advice that will help you be beautiful at 60+.
Be unapologetically you and embrace all the changes and we are sure you’ll look and feel more beautiful than ever.
You might like this article: Health Screening by Age. 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s or 60’s. [Info Graphic]
10 secrets of How to grow old beautifully
Is it possible to maintain a great look when time is running so relentlessly? Probably many would answer: possible, but it requires a lot of money.
Really? Perhaps things are much simpler… People who, even at a respectable age, look flawless, not so little. What are they doing?
It simply takes care of itself (skin, hair, and body), is self-confident, and feels youthful in the soul, no matter how many candles need to be puffed on a birthday cake this year.
- Facial care – simple but effective. Over the years, they already know how to take care of their skin, so they rely on time-tested tools. Dermatologists explain that those who moisturize the skin daily from the age of 20, protect from ultraviolet rays, and use them with retinoids look much younger than those who do not use them. Apply a cream with SPF to the skin every morning and use a moisturizer – a must. For those who want to have beautiful skin, doctors often recommend products enriched with vitamin A derivatives (retinoids), which promote skin cell regeneration, stimulate collagen production, and eliminate small wrinkles.
- An active lifestyle is key to beauty and health. More exercise is motivated by the desire to feel good, reduce stress, lose weight, and live longer. A US study found that physically active older people performed as well as younger ones. It also has a positive effect on a person’s appearance. The skin is the largest organ in the body and almost the only one visible externally. Everything good for the body, good for the skin. There are rumors that individual sports (such as running) promote wrinkles and sagging skin. However, this is not true. Good is any sport that claims pleasure: whether it’s running, cycling, or weightlifting.
- Less decorative cosmetics – more self-confidence. Women with wrinkles, pigment spots and bags under the eyes usually try to carefully mask imperfections under a thick layer of makeup. However, makeup can not completely hide the signs of aging, so you should not use many cosmetics. Makeup specialists recommend using a corrective cream that will even out the skin color, liquid makeup base (runs fewer wrinkles than creams of creamy consistency), powdering the T-zone with translucent powder, and giving the cheeks redness with a creamy blush.
- Hands – traitors of the age. The face and hands are the parts of the body that receive the most direct sunlight. However, many women pay much more attention to facial skincare than hands. Age is betrayed by wrinkles and pigment spots on the hands. The aging process can be slowed down every night before bed by rubbing your hands with cream with retinoids. In the morning, apply sunscreen on your hands, as well as on your face.
- They exude self-confidence. People who know how to grow old have one thing in common: they all have self-confidence. But that doesn’t mean you have to try to pretend to be younger. What works for young people may not necessarily work for older people. The main task should be to look your best. A study at Yale University found that those who had a positive attitude toward aging lived as much as 7.5 years longer than those who thought negatively.
- The style changes with age. Do you comb your hair from school graduation too? You don’t change your clothing style since your first job? A lot of people seem to get stuck in time and are afraid of innovation. But clothing and fashion send an essential message. The style needs to be changed to suit the current age, nature of the activities, hobbies, etc.
- Keep up with fashion and innovate for yourself. Being older doesn’t mean you can’t be fashionable. Jeans that provide youthfulness or stylish high heels are suitable for people of any age.
- Gray hair can be beautiful. The most important thing is that the hair is well-groomed, stylishly cut, beautifully combed. Gray hair color can look even very stylish. Lob or pixie haircuts are suitable for many older people. The silver or shade of hair is nurtured and helped preserve blue or purple shampoos, which destroy the yellowness caused by minerals dissolved in water.
- Sleep is a real beauty ritual. Poor sleep quality highlights visual signs of facial aging (wrinkles). Besides, people who fall asleep feel less attractive. Compared to women who slept 5 hours a night and those who slept 7 to 9 hours, the latter’s skin was more resistant to ultraviolet light’s harmful effects.
- Spa treatments are replaced by a visit to a dermatologist. Spa treatments are relaxing, but are very expensive and not as effective as a dermatologist’s consultation. They will not only advise on how to care for your skin but will also recommend treatments that restore the skin.