According to product developers, raspberry oil is associated with a lower risk of many diseases:
It could reduce the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and studies are suggesting that the active ingredients in this oil can slow down age-related mental decline.
The product’s processing technology is unique in that the oil is extracted from dried and ground berry seeds using innovative technology. Raspberry pulp seed oil is extracted by an ecological method by extracting ground pulp with carbon dioxide. After extraction, no residual solvent remains.
Researchers have concluded that this is the best way to extract very high-quality oil – no solvents are used. It is incredibly environmentally friendly, and the oil properties are significantly better than oils extracted by other means.
Researchers note that the omega-6 (linoleic) ratio to omega-3 fatty acids in the oil is very favorable for nutrition.
The oil is also rich in tocopherols, compounds with vitamin E activity.
Also, vitamin E helps protect cells from oxidative damage.
You might like this article: Magical Properties of Flaxseed Oil. Healthy Nutrition For Skin, Hair, And Body.
Health Benefits of Raspberry Oil
Raspberry oil features:
- Raspberry oil is a more prosperous composition than cold-pressed oil, obtained by extraction with edible carbon dioxide (CO2). This method of oil extraction ensures that all the bioactive substances in berry seeds, important antioxidants – tocopherols (vitamin E), carotenoids (provitamin A), phytosterols – remain in the oil.
- It has better antioxidant properties. Strengthens the skin cell membrane and helps maintain skin moisture and elasticity. Especially suitable for dry, dehydrated, mature, and sensitive skin of children and adults
- Contains a high amount of polyphenolic compounds known for their anticancer properties.
- Raspberry oil is a perfect source of Vitamin C, quercetin, and gallic acid. It might help to fight against cancer, heart and circulatory disease, and age-related mental decline.
- Have high ORAC levels – ORAC measures the antioxidant levels of a substance. ORAC levels in raspberry oil are 24 μmole/TE/g, and black raspberries are 77 µmoles /TE/g.
- Raspberry oil has very high ORAC levels and anthocyanin and phenolic content of any food.
- Consumption of raspberry oil is to be more beneficial than taking the individual phytochemicals in the form of dietary supplements.
- High in ellagic acid, a known chemopreventative
- The raspberry seed oil has a natural SPF (sun protection factor) of 25 – 50
- Raspberry seed oil is creating interest in the cosmeceutical. Raspberry oil has omega-3 fatty acids and has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 25-50.
- Studies at Ohio State University have shown a 60-80% reduction in colon tumors in mice and esophageal cancers in mice when black raspberries are added to their diet. Human clinical studies are now being conducted.
You might like: What’s the Secret and Health benefits of Hemp Seed Oil